- The second edition uses the Project Management Institute’s PMBOK® Guide, Sixth Edition (2017); first edition uses the 2013 version.
- Provides in-depth examples for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing healthcare projects
- Includes over 60 template files and samples of important project documents (a business case, project charter, scope statement, project schedule, change request, quality control charts, etc.)
- Features in each chapter provide real-world examples and references, including Opening Cases and Case Wrap-Ups, examples of What Went Right, What Went Wrong, Media Snapshots, Best Practices, Video Highlights, and Healthcare Perspectives related to project management
- Includes a Brief Guide to Microsoft Project 2016 (second edition; Project 2013 in the first edition), the most popular project management software today, with a free 60-day trial available from Microsoft
- Provides healthcare industry case studies and other teaching resources
- Teaching Project Management to Healthcare Professionals – A Much Needed Skill, presentation given at the Association of University Programs in Healthcare Administration (AUPHA) conference on June 19, 2013 in Monterey, CA
- Healthcare Project Management, presentation given at the Madison PMI chapter’s Professional Development Day, May 16, 2013