Welcome to the companion site for Healthcare Project Management, Second Edition, by Kathy Schwalbe and Dan Furlong, published Dec. 1, 2017 by Schwalbe Publishing (and first edition, published May 29, 2013.)
NEW: Buy the second edition on amazon.com (ISBN: 978-1976573279) or an electronic copy for only $38 from redshelf.com. Or buy the first edition on amazon.com (ISBN: 978-0982800355). The second edition is based on the 2017 PMBOK Guide. Book stores can send purchase orders to email@example.com for a 25% discount.
- Healthcare Project Management, Second Edition Chapter 1
- Healthcare Project Management Chapter 1 (first edition)
- Appendix B Resources (Word file with cases and other info)
- 2018pmtemplates (zip file with over 60 template files)
- new-project2016files for Appendix A. (Note that the tracking.mpp file was added in Nov 2018. Use that file to start the section on “Entering Baseline Plan, Actual Costs, and Actual Times). Project 2013 files if you are using that version.
- Site to download free trial of Project Online Professional. You can still follow the instructions in my book with this version. Simply open the template files provided, and they should open in Project Online. Here’s a link to slight changes made in 2019 from Microsoft. Consider using Basecamp – totally online and free for educators with no expiration.
You can also use Amazon’s Matchbook program, so if you bought or now buy the physical book from amazon.com (U.S. customers only), you get the kindle version for FREE! Bookstores or companies can order books directly from firstname.lastname@example.org to get a 25% discount.
If you have any questions or comments or are an instructor and want a desk copy, please email email@example.com. You can also report errors or suggest enhancement ideas for the book or Web site at this link.
“22 million new project-oriented jobs will be created between 2017 and 2027.” Read PMI’s 2018 Jobs Report.